Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waterworks Wednesday: Ben Franklin




Ben Franklin must be shaking his head in disbelief. All that brain power and time invested into creating the fragile and intricate invention of the bifocal glasses; and now, we wear frames with no lenses as a fashion accessory! 
Don't get me wrong, I love this movement of young NBA basketball players dressing very... savvy. Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Griffin, LeBron and Wade all seem as though they have enlisted the same stylist. Each possesses a similar distinctive style: a hybrid crossed with geeky and hipster. I am personally obsessed with the Ray Ban look that Durant pulls off every night (... with lenses, though).  
What I don't get is wearing empty frames as an accessory. I don't get wearing items dug out of your kid's costume chest to your job. I just don't understand why Wade would rock this look after a colossal loss. It gives the impression of distraction, apathy, and a lack of seriousness. 
What do you think of this look? Is it enough to make Ben Franklin shed some waterworks?    

No comments:

Post a Comment